Sunday 13 October 2013

My Four Legged Portraits

Well today is Day 2 of a week of blogs I am trying to complete. And  I thought I might share with you some of the commissions I have been lucky enough to do, of some beloved animals. I love the idea of painting things that touch somebody's hearts and our four legged angels, certainly fall into that category. Our pets let us behave like our true selves and know us like nobody else.

 It is always a challenge to really contain their personalities in a portrait. But I think if you can get the eyes right you can look inside their hearts. Some as you can see are soft, some proud and some are a little sad.
You may notice I have done blue backgrounds on a few of them and believe me I have thought of other colours and would be happy to do other colours if requested, but some how the blue brings out their coat colours and give them a really regal look. I hope you have enjoyed this look at some of my friends and will join me again tomorrow for day 3 of my week of blogs. See you then.












No comments:

Post a Comment